- 3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki®
- 1 package udon noodles (9.5 oz.)
- 2 medium Serrano chilies
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (or 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 shallots (approx. 2 tsp. chopped)
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 medium english cucumber, (or 1 cup julienned)
- 1/3 head savoy cabbage (or 2 cups thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch scallions (or 1/4 cup thinly sliced)
- 1 small (each) red and yellow bell peppers, (or ¾ cup julienned)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1.Arrange the chicken in a bowl or large resealable container and pour in the Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce.
2.Turn until everything is evenly coated.
3.Cover and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 45 minutes (up to 2 hours).
4.Discard the leftover marinade.
5.Chop the shallots, Serrano chilies, cilantro, parsley, ginger and garlic.
6.Thinly slice the cabbage, and scallions.
7.Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds.
8.Julienne the cucumber and the bell peppers.
9.Season chicken with a bit of the black pepper.
10.Cook the udon noodles according to package instructions.
11.Drain and rinse to cool. Set aside.
12.Prepare a charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
1.Grill chicken until golden brown and an internal temperature of 165°F has been reached, about 6 minutes per side.
2.Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3.Place the Serrano chilies, cilantro, Italian parsley, shallots, ginger and garlic in a blender along with the salt, pepper, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
4.Puree the mixture on low then drizzle in the olive oil as you increase the speed until dressing is emulsified.
5.In a large mixing bowl, combine udon noodles, dressing, cucumber, cabbage, scallions, red and yellow peppers, and carrots. Gently mix to fully incorporate all ingredients.
6.Slice the chicken and plate with the udon noodle salad. Garnish with slivered almonds and serve.